Previous Posts
pinchyourpennies.com

John Cummuta

Cat Litter Box

Soap Chips

nbcdfw.com

Save The Pennies

Penny Pinching Coupons

What The Bible Says About Money

How To Save Money On Everything

Economy These Days

Save Money On Car Repair DIY
Thursday, November 15, 2012


I was pulled over last Sunday night by a police officer. He informed me that one of my headlights was out. I was let go provided I get fixed it immediately. I didn't even receive a ticket.

The next day I called Firestone. They informed me the cost of parts and labor totaled $45.

I logged on to YouTube and found a video that showed me how to replace the headlight bulb myself. I am totally in the dark when it comes to car repair. This however was a piece of cake. The headlight bulb cost me $12 and it took me less than 5 minutes to install.

I don't believe Firestone was trying to rip me off. I don't know the first thing about car repair. Firestone does and they can charge a hefty amount for that knowledge. But sometimes that knowledge can be learned by a novice quickly and save him or her 75% or more.

The same thing applies to computer repair. I am advanced in this field. I know upgrading a memory chip in you computer is as easy as plugging it into the motherboard. But alot of people don't know this and the sales rep at Best Buy probably isn't going to tell you because he wants you to bring your computer there for repair.

You could also pay friend who is an expert. I'm sure someone would have replaced my headlight bulb if I threw them $20. I still would have saved $13.

0 Comments
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
 

Share

Name: Joe
Email: faheeta@juno.com
Home: Niagara Falls, New York, United States

The Frugal Shopper

Merrick's Land Of Freebies

Healthy Wealthy Mom

San Jose Real Estate

Share

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Free Blogger Templates

BLOGGER


Finance Blogs - Blog Top Sites

© Penny Pincher Template by Isnaini Dot Com